The Fairways Golf Four Ball Championship
New This Season – The Fairways Golf Four Ball Championship
There is no designated day or time slot for the matches to be played. You can play your matches any day or time it works for both teams. Just make sure to get your matches done by the deadlines that are on the schedule.
To be able to participate you must:
- Be a Fairways Member
- Turn in 5 18-Hole scorecards to me prior to the start of the tournament (June 10th, 2019)
- Last year, I required the GHIN handicap in order to participate but the price of that has increased and I will be using “League Manager”, software I use in the leagues I run, for the tournament this year.
*YOU CAN USE YOUR MEMBERSHIP FOR THIS TOURNAMENT*
- Four-Ball Match Play: Four ball consists of two teams with two players on each team. Each golfer plays his or her own golf ball throughout and the lower of the partners’ scores counting as the team score on each hole.
- Example: Team 1 has Player A and Player B…Team 2 has Player C and Player D.
- Hole 1:
- Player A makes a 5, Player B makes a 6…Player C makes a 4, Player D makes a 5
- Team 1 made a 5 for the hole because Player A had the lower score of 5
- Team 2 made a 4 for the hole because Player C had the lower score of 4
- Team 2 takes a 1 UP lead over Team 1
All matches will be handicapped and this is how we will determine how many strokes each player will get:
- The Course Handicap of all four players is reduced by the Course Handicap of the player with the lowest handicap, who then plays from scratch. Each of the three other players is allowed 100 percent of the difference.
- Example: Players A, B, C, and D have a Course Handicap of 5, 10, 15 and 20, respectively. Player A plays at scratch, B receives 5 strokes, C receives 10 strokes, and D receives 15 strokes.
Group Stage (Round Robin)
- 8 groups (4 teams in each group)
- Play every team in your group for a total of 3 matches
- A win gets you 1 point, a tie gets you 0.5 points and a loss gets you 0 points
- 1st and 2nd place finishers in each group move on
How are the groups decided?
- The groups will be decided by skill level (similar handicapped teams will be in the same groups) and your availability…I will keep those that can only play on the weekends in the same groups and those that mainly play weekday mornings in the same groups.
- 16 teams
- Total of 4 rounds (Round of 16, Quarterfinal, Semifinal, Championship)
- No ties…if there is a tie after 18 holes, you must play extra holes until there is an outright winner
- $80 ($40 per player)
- $70 goes toward cash prizes
- $10 for administrative fees
*Based on 32 team field*
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
You must let Matt Kershner know where and when you are going to be playing a match. So tell me if you are playing at Mallard Creek, Dragon Ranch or Pine Brook and tell me what day you are playing. A scorecard WILL be made for you…all you have to do when you get to the course is tell the active Pro Shop Manager that you are playing in a FGM Four-Ball Match and need your scorecard. You MUST keep score on that scorecard and turn it in to the active manager in the clubhouse after the match.
1.) “Jungle Golf” – If your ball is hit out of bounds or into a hazard you may play a provisional ball or spot your ball at the nearest entry point to the hazard and penalize your score for that hole with a one stroke penalty. You may move your ball anywhere with your club head within six inches from the original spot (everywhere but the fringe and green). However, do not improve your position (i.e. around a bush/tree). No gimmes, no mulligans. No loss of distance or out of bounds. Drop your ball within two club lengths of the point of entry.
2.) USGA rules hereafter apply.
3.) All Men will play from the Blue tees, ladies from the reds, and seniors (65 & older) may play from the gold tees.
Fairways Golf Four Ball Championship Schedule:
June 10 — Groups will be released
July 22 — All 3 Group Stage Matches Completed
August 5 — Round of 16 Matches Completed
August 19 — Quarterfinal Matches Completed
September 9 — Semifinal Matches Completed
No Deadline Date for Championship/3rd Place Matches
*Schedule is Subject to Change*
To register for The Fairways Golf Four Ball Championship, you can stop by the pro shop at Mallard Creek Golf Club or reach out to Matt Kershner at (440) 748-8231.
Or, you can email Matt by clicking here.